Dr. Bobby Hoffman and The Science of Motivation
Dr. Bobby Hoffman, Associate Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Central Florida is a Psychology Today blogger, author of over 50 publications and four books, and an internationally known speaker for his work on the application of motivational science to solve personal and professional challenges and the science of motivation.
He has twice planned the conference agenda for the largest gathering of motivational researchers on the planet and serves on five journal editorial boards.
Dr. Bobby, however, is not your typical academic. He brings a unique perspective to learners and readers because before earning his Ph.D. he spent 22 years in training and organizational development working for the world’s most successful companies including GE, KPMG (the accounting firm), NBC, and the National Basketball Association (NBA).
He is best known for his ability to transform complex research findings into usable strategies that he calls “Hacks,” which are featured in his latest book “Hack Your Motivation: Over 50 Science-based Strategies to Improve Performance. On the program you’re going to hear about:
- What causes procrastination,
- Some practical psychological “Hacks” to get your motivation in gear
- How changing your type 1 or habitual thinking process can really transform your life
- Plus so much more!!
Resources and Places to Connect with Bobby:
Hack Your Motivation Website (with an opportunity for a FREE copy of Motivational Murder)
Dr. Bobby’s Books:
- Hack Your Motivation: Over 50 Science-based Strategies to Improve Performance
Top learning moments:
- Get away from the automatic Type 1 thinking about yourself and develop a conscious reflection on what you’re thinking about. Stop the automatic thinking.
- Anchor Hack – what’s your point of reference, who are you comparing yourself to? Your standard of comparison is yourself – are you doing better today than you were yesterday?
For more, you can check out this post on How to Hack Your Motivation With A Change in Perspective.
Get Your FREE Personal Development Plan Template
**Show Sponsor – Bluehost – Bluehost is a leading web solutions services provider. Since their founding in 2003, Bluehost has continually innovated new ways to deliver on our mission: to empower people to fully harness the web. Based in Orem, Utah, they provide comprehensive tools to millions of users throughout the world so anyone, novice or pro, can get on the web and thrive.
**This post may contain affiliate links. Mind for Life may receive a small commission on any sales.